- DEADLINES : 1 march / 1 may 2021
- STUDY LEVEL : Bachelor, Master, PhD
- FINANCING : Entire / Partial
- OPEN : To all nationalities including canadian and residents of Canada
- COUNTRY : Canada
- UNIVERSITY : University of Alberta
This post is also available in: Français
The University of Alberta scholarships in Canada for 2021 are now open. The University of Alberta is one of the top 5 universities in Canada and offering full scholarships for international students to study bachelor, master or doctoral degree programs.
About the University of Alberta in Canada
The University of Alberta is a public research university in Canada. It is ranked 138th in the world. The University of Alberta is a major economic engine in Alberta. Its impact on the Alberta economy is estimated at $16.5 billion per year, or 6% of the province’s GDP. The University of Alberta has more than 7,000 international students from 150 countries.
Effective July 1, 2021, the University of Alberta will be restructured into:
College of Health Sciences: School of Public Health, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of KSR.
College of Natural and Applied Sciences: Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of ALES, Faculty of Engineering.
College of Social and Human Sciences: Faculty of Education, School of Business, Faculty of Arts.
The remaining faculties (Augustana, Campus Saint-Jean and Faculty of Native Studies) will remain autonomous faculties.
University of Alberta scholarships
The University of Alberta offers a variety of scholarship opportunities for undergraduates and graduates, including living expenses. You don’t have to apply separately for some scholarships. You will automatically be considered for the UAlberta scholarship when you are admitted.
Study programs available at the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta offers over 200 undergraduate programs, 500 graduate programs, 250 specializations and 300 research areas. You therefore have an open option to choose from the available fields:
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Biological Sciences
- Cellular biology
- Chemical and materials engineering
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Communications and Technology
- Computer science
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- English and Film Studies
- Saint-Jean Faculty
- History and classics
- Human ecology
- Kinesiology, sport and leisure
- Laboratory medicine and pathology
- Library and Information Studies
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical genetics
- Medical microbiology and immunology
- Medical sciences
- Mining and petroleum engineering
- Modern languages and cultural studies
- Indigenous studies
- Feeding with milk
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Occupational therapy
- Ophthalmology and visual sciences
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physical therapy
- Political science
- Public health
- Radiology and diagnostic imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Religious studies
- Renewable resources
- Resource economics and environmental sociology
- Studies on women and gender …
Benefits of University of Alberta scholarships in Canada
The University of Alberta offers a variety of scholarships and students can receive a combination of these scholarships. Scholarships and prizes are available for Canadian citizens, permanent residents as well as international students admitted to master or doctoral programs. After graduation, international students can change their status to permanent resident of Canada and later obtain Canadian citizenship.
Depending on the quality and academic excellence, the candidate may receive one, two or more of these scholarships at the same time:
- University of Alberta Masters Recruitment Scholarship, value: $17,000 per year plus tuition.
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship, Value: Awarded in increments of $5,000, amount varies based on GPA and qualifications.
- Recruitment scholarship in chemistry, value: $5,000.
- Graduate scholarship in science, value: $2,000.
- Jean Isabel Soper Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Science, value: $8,800
- President’s Distinguished Doctoral Award, value: $10,000 and tuition and fees in subsequent years.
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Scholarship, Value: M.Sc. ($26,000 / year) and PhD ($31,000 / year), NSERC Complement Holders ($12,000 / year)
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship, value: $35,000 per year plus differential fees for international students
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Masters CGS, value: $17,500.
- Walter H Johns Graduate Scholarship, Value: Equivalent in value to tuition and fees
- Andrew Stewart Memorial Prize, value: $5,000
- Marie Arnold Graduate Scholarship in Cancer Research, value: $5,000
- Ivy A Thomson and William A Thomson Graduate Scholarship, value: $15,000
- BMO Financial Group Graduate Scholarship, value: $20,000
- John and Patricia Schlosser Environmental Scholarship, value: $10,000
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. Graduate Scholarship, value: $2,400
Eligibility criteria and requirements
Applications are open to Canadian citizens or also to international students. If you belong to these countries or have studied at these universities, then you do not need an English language certificate.
The last date to apply to the University of Alberta in Canada 2021 is March 1, 2021, for admission in May 2021, and May 1, 2021, for entry in July 2021.
How to apply
The application process is completely online. Applicants interested in these scholarship programs to study in Canada should contact the university, apply for admission and be admitted to the program of their choice. Upon admission, they will be considered for scholarships or awards to which they are eligible. They will also receive information on scholarships that require additional application.
For more information, you can contact one of the specialists from the International Student Service staff at the University of Alberta:
- L. Ahmad : firstname.lastname@example.org
- X.Lin : email@example.com
- N.Lambrecht : firstname.lastname@example.org
- C.Lawson : email@example.com