- DEADLINE: from March 1 to October 1 (February intake) or from October 1 to May 1 (September intake).
This post is also available in: Français
The University of Twente Scholarships are intended for excellent students of any nationality, who apply for a postgraduate program (Master). Students receive €3,000 to €22,000 for a year or two.
The University of Twente is a public technical university located in Enschede, the Netherlands. The university has been ranked among the top 200 universities in the world by several global ranking tables. 33% of Twente students are international. The university offers 30 master’s programs in the field of technology and behavioral and social sciences.
The University offers courses in the areas of: Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine, Sustainable Energy and Smart Devices, Governance, Behavioral Science, Geoscience, and information/Earth observation.
About the University of Twente Scholarships
DEADLINE: from October 1 to May 1 (September intake) and from March 1 to October 1 (February intake).
FUNDING: from €3,000 to €22,000 (depending on excellence).
OPEN TO: All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY: Netherlands.
Selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship worth €3,000 to €22,000 for one year depending on the excellence of their academic or/and professional background. Approximately 50 scholarships are available.
In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional scholarship of an amount equal to that of the first year to cover the expenses of the second year.
It should be noted that it is up to the fellow to decide how to spend the money. No fees (e.g. tuition) will be paid on their behalf.
To be eligible for the University of Twente scholarship, you must meet all the following conditions:
- Be part of the top 5 to 10% of your promotion.
- You have not graduated from a graduate program at UT.
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa to the Netherlands.
- You meet the General Academic English Test requirement of IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and a 6.0 (TOEFL iBT of 20) in speaking skills.
How to Apply to the University of Twente Scholarships?
Applying for the UTS is a separate procedure from applying for admission to a course. You must first apply for a master’s program. Once you have received an offer, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.
To apply for a master’s program, follow these steps:
- Choose your master’s program.
- Check the admission requirements.
- Take the online eligibility check (optional).
- Check the application deadlines for your program.
- Gather the application documents.
- Start your application process at Studielink (Studielink is the Dutch national database for admission to higher education).
- After your registration on Studielink, you will receive an email (this may take up to five minutes) with an invitation to the Osiris online application portal.
Download this PDF file for a detailed overview of the registration process for international students at the University of Twente.
The deadlines for applying for a master’s program at the University of Twente are as follows:
You can start your application from:
Application deadline with all required documents (via Osiris).
Deadline for accepting the offer of admission.
Deadline for submitting certified photocopies.
To apply to the University of Twente scholarships (UTS), there are two rounds:
- Round 1: Application form opens on October 15 (annually), 09:00 CET. Applications close February 1 (annually), 4:00 p.m. CET (for programs starting in September).
Round 2: The application form opens on February 1 (annually), 16:00 CET. Applications close May 1 (annually), 4:00 p.m. CET (for programs starting September 2023).
- List of Universities in France
- University of Lausanne Master Scholarships in Switzerland
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2023-2024
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024