The French-African Foundation’s Young Leaders Program, 2021
- DEADLINE : 21 march 2021
- TYPE : Workshop
- OPEN : All nationalities
- OPEN : African and French
- PLACE : Paris and Dakar
This post is also available in: Français
The Franco-African Young Leaders Program is now open for applications. The Franco-African Foundation is convinced that the young people of Africa and France belong to a single generation and that they carry shared responsibilities in a common world and wishes to identify, bring together and nurture the most promising talents with high potential. promising on economic, political, academic, social and cultural ecosystems and to support the leadership and management potential of this new generation through the Young Leaders Program.
The Franco-African Foundation wishes, through this program, to identify, bring together and nurture young talents, French and African, from all walks of life – economic, political, academic, social and cultural – in order to support the leadership and commitment of this new generation, so that it can have a positive impact on key issues for France and Africa.
To apply for the Young Leaders program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 28 and 40 years old on October 31, 2020;
- Have French nationality or the nationality of an African country;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest in learning French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process;
- Demonstrated commitment in the public and private sectors and across geographic boundaries. The application should also demonstrate applied skills and experience in any field (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education , technology, culture and art, media, sports and community)
- Applicants must show talent, passion and shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change, in Africa and France, and most importantly the world.
- They need to be engaged and motivated to engage their potential and leadership to drive this change, both within the program and within the youth leader community.
Benefits of the Franco-African Young Leaders Program
Candidates selected for the Young Leaders Program will have the following benefits:
- 5 days in Paris, France
- 5 days in Dakar, Senegal
- High-level meetings with leaders from the public and private sectors;
- Excellent opportunities for mentoring, training and networking;
- Media exposure;
- Flights and accommodation covered by the Franco-African program for young leaders.
Submission of applications
To apply for the Young Leaders Program, please click on the apply button below and follow the instructions to submit your application.
Below is a list of documents to download during the application process. Please note that documents must be in English or French. You can use whatever language you are most comfortable with.
- A copy of your passport;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Submit a video (3 minutes maximum) answering the following three questions:
- Can you introduce yourself in a few words?
- Why do you want to join the French-African Young Leaders program?
- How would you describe your link with France and Africa and what is your vision of the African continent and its relations with the world?
- Optional: a maximum of two letters of recommendation from people who know you well and the contact details of two people we can reach and who can tell us more about you.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the foundation on [email protected].