- DEADLINE: March 24, 2023.
This post is also available in: Français
The Government of Ireland has just launched the call for applications to its 2023 International Scholarship Program. Under this initiative, 60 scholarships will be awarded for one year of study at the undergraduate, masters or doctoral levels to successful applicants.
The opportunity is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and applies to all fields of study. Applications can be submitted via the online portal (see below) and the deadline for submission of applications is March 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm (Irish time).
The government of Ireland International Education Scholarships will be awarded to high-caliber students for full-time study in Ireland.
About Government of Ireland Scholarships
LEVEL: Master (M1 or M2), PhD (PhD1, 2, or 3).
DEADLINE: March 24, 2023.
FUNDING: Fully funded.
TARGET GROUP: Students from non-EU countries.
HOST COUNTRY: Ireland.
Eligibility for the Government of Ireland Scholarships
Irish Government Scholarships will be awarded to high-caliber students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for one year. In addition to the specific criteria imposed by the chosen study program, the applicant must:
- Possess excellency (academic, personal, professional, creative).
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Extracurricular activities (e.g. humanitarian work, local or national or international politics, arts, sports).
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships may be awarded to carry out :
- One year of a Master’s program: either do your Master 1 (first year of the Master’s program) in Ireland and your M2 in your home country, or do your M1 in your home country and the M2 in Ireland. In the latter case, you will be entitled to an Irish diploma.
- One year of a PhD program: If you choose to complete your final year of a PhD in Ireland, you will be entitled to defend your thesis at the Irish host university.
Benefits of the Irish Government Scholarships
The Irish government will award for one year of study :
- An allowance of €10,000.
- Full exemption from tuition and fees.
A total of 60 scholarships will be awarded for one year of study at the master or doctoral level. Scholarships may be approved for study in any discipline, subject to availability of space.
At the end of this program, if the student decides to continue studying in Ireland, he/she must finance his/her studies.
Here is a list of all eligible institutions. Click on the university name for a list of available programs of study:
- American College Dublin
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- CCT College Dublin
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
To apply to the Government of Ireland Scholarship Program, follow the steps below :
STEP 1 : Apply to a master’s, or PhD program offered by an eligible institution. Use the list of universities above to find a program of study. Each program page has a link to its application portal.
STEP 2 : Apply for the Government of Ireland Scholarship Program by filling out the online application form.
The application deadline is March 24, 2023. Successful fellows must begin their studies in September/October 2023.
Any questions regarding this call for applications should be directed to [email protected].
READ ALSO :