The British Council has announced the opening of application for its GREAT scholarships program for the academic year 2022-2023.
The GREAT Scholarships program provides the opportunity to receive scholarships offered by UK universities in various subjects, to students from 18 nations. Each scholarship will be valued at a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition for a one-year postgraduate taught course.
Each scholarship is co-funded from The UK Government‘s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the program, scholars will be invited to attend a welcoming event at the beginning of the semester, and to a networking event at the end of the semester.
About GREAT scholarships
DEADLINE : varies by university.
LEVEL : Master.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS : +100.
OPEN TO : Specific countries (see below).
COUNTRY : United Kingdom.
Amount of the GREAT scholarships
The value of the scholarship is £10,000. The scholarship will be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees.
GREAT scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and financial need.
To be eligible, you must :
- Be a citizen of an eligible country (see next section).
- Have an undergraduate degree.
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI.
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar.
- Willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars.
- Maintain contact with the British Council.
- Occasionally, speak to potential candidates about your experience of studying in the UK.
Following countries are eligible for the GREAT scholarships program : Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkiye, Vietnam.
How to apply for the GREAT scholarships?
To apply for the GREAT scholarships program, follow the steps below:
- Visit the university page to find out more information, and then follow the link through to the university’s website: Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkiye, Vietnam.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
For more information about this program, please contact your chosen university.
For more opportunities in the United Kingdom, visit this link.