- DEADLINE : 31 May 2022.
- LEVEL : Master
- NUMBER : 50 awards
- OPEN : Specific countries
This post is also available in: Français
Application for the Scotland Saltire Scholarships are now open for the academic year 2022-2023.
Saltire Scholarships are a program of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Scotland Saltire scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Scotland has a world-renowned education system, top-class universities and a reputation for producing creative thinkers. That’s why more than 50,000 students from over 180 different countries choose to study in Scotland every year.
These Scholarships are available for one year of a postgraduate Masters course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
About Scotland Saltire Scholarships
LEVEL : Master and Online Master.
DEADLINE : 31 May 2022.
OPEN TO : Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and USA.
FINANCING : £8000.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS : 50.
HOST COUNTRY : Scotland.
Eligible study fields
The program is designed to support the promotion of Scotland as an excellent destination for academic learning. The following fields of study are eligible for Saltire Scholarships:
- Earth Sciences
- Weather and Climate
- Communications, Media and Culture
- New Media Studies
- Computer Games / Computer Arts
HEALTHCARE AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
CLEAN AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Sustainable Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Biomass / Bio fuels
- Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power
The scholarships are now available to those studying online from home (DISTANCE LEARNING FROM HOME).
Amount and numbers of Scotland Saltire Scholarships
The program offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000 ($11 204) towards the annual tuition fee of successful applicants. Any other living expenses are the responsibility of the student.
To be eligible for a Scotland Saltire Scholarship, candidates must :
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning, or via a combination of both.
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, USA, India, Japan, Pakistan, or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Scottish Saltire scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 31 May 2022.
Besides these conditions, applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
How to apply to the Saltire scholarships
First, and before applying for the scholarships, you need to apply for a master course at any Scottish university and get an unconditional or conditional offer. You can find the list of Scottish universities here.
Once accepted, you can apply online for the Scotland Saltire Scholarships.
For any questions, contact the university to which you are applying. You can also email them.
You might also like :