This post is also available in: Français
As part of its Attract mission, the Graduate School of Genetics and Epigenetics New Education (EUR GENE), a component of the University of Paris, is offering 10 master’s fellowships to foreign students in genetics.
Located in Paris, the Graduate School of Genetics and Epigenetics New Education (EUR GENE) aims to offer a training program of excellence combining teaching and research expertise of the highest level. EUR GENE brings together eight research units, two doctoral schools, two LabEx and a University Hospital Institute (UHI).
Applications to the 2022-2023 International G.E.N.E. M2 Fellowships are open !
International students can get a 5 000€ fellowship and their internship stipend paid by the EUR G.E.N.E. to study at the Master's of Genetics of Université de Paris
details at https://t.co/e8mMUfr24M pic.twitter.com/RngWelAwAf
— EUR G.E.N.E. (@EURGENEPARIS) February 3, 2022
The primary mission of the Graduate School of Genetics and Epigenetics New Education is to train its students for future challenges in genetics and epigenetics. It is based on four operational objectives: to attract the best European and international talent to Paris, to create coherent training programs combining theoretical and experimental components, to improve students’ communication skills and to ensure the training of all graduates for the world of work.
About the Master’s in Genetics Fellowships
DEADLINE : 28 March 2022.
LEVEL : Master.
FINANCING: fully funded.
OPEN TO : All nationalities.
HOST UNIVERSITY : University of Paris.
Benefits of the Master’s in Genetics Fellowships
The selected candidates will have the following:
- A €5000 scholarship.
- EUR GENE will pay for the internship in a research laboratory of the University of Paris (compulsory six-month internship in M2).
- Simplified access to CROUS student housing.
The applicant must be:
- Holder of a Master 1 (has successfully completed the first year of the Master) or equivalent obtained in a country other than France.
- Be a holder of a nationality other than French.
- Have sent his complete application during the opening period of the call.
An application to the University of Paris Master’s in Genetics fellowships does not represent an application to the Master’s program, which must be made according to its specific procedure (see below).
Recipients of the scholarship will be considered automatically admitted to the Master’s program and must follow the usual registration procedures.
At the time of application for the fellowship, candidates may be in the process of obtaining their M1. Registration in M2 will then be subject to the validation of the current year of study. Recipients must ensure that they have the necessary documents to study in France.
How to apply to the University of Paris Master’s in Genetics Fellowships
The application is done in two simultaneous steps: (1) Submit an application to the master program and (2) submit an application for the university of Paris Master’s in Genetics fellowships.
1- Submit an application to the master :
Two application procedures are possible, depending on your geographical location and nationality:
- If you live in one of the following 46 countries, you must apply via Campus France: Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Republic of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, the United States, and Vietnam.
- If you are a European Union national, or if you reside in a country apart from mentioned above, follow this general procedure whose form will be available from April 12, 2022.
2- Apply for University of Paris Master’s in Genetics fellowships:
To apply for the EUR GENE fellowships, fill in the form on the application platform : https://eur-gene.app.univ-paris-diderot.fr/31836 by indicating your name, first name and e-mail address to receive a link allowing you to fill your application in several times if necessary.
A PDF document will be requested at the end of the form. This document must include in one file and in order:
- A complete CV.
- A list of courses taken and grades for the last three years of schooling, including the current year.
- Copies of your diplomas (successful applicants for this fellowship must present the originals upon arrival).
- Certificate of enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year (if currently enrolled).
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or researchers, including at least one from your home university, with their exact and complete contact information.
- A copy of your passport or identity card if you are European.
- A language certificate (English) if you have one.
Indicate your last name in the file name: “YOUR-NAME_GENEM2-2022-2023.pdf”.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].