This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships (UTS) are now open for the 2023-2024 academic year. The program is very selective, only applicants demonstrating the highest achievement and promise may receive a scholarship. The value of the scholarships is up to 17,000 euros.
Utrecht University is a Dutch public institution founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands. The Shanghai Ranking ranks Utrecht University as 1ᵉʳ in the Netherlands and 54ᵉ in the world (2022). By subject, globally, it is ranked 2nd in Geography and Public Administration, 9th in Pharmacy and Education, and 15th in Earth Sciences and Medical Technology.
Utrecht University offers a wide range of high-quality programs and courses taught in Dutch and English. Research still plays a fundamental role in its study programs. Students are taught in small groups by top researchers and lecturers, most of them experts in their field.
About Utrecht University Scholarships
LEVEL: BachelorDEADLINE: December 1, 2022.
FUNDING: Between €5,000 and €17,000 euros.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS: 9.
UNIVERSITY: University of Utrecht.
Selected students for the UTS can be awarded a scholarship ranging from 5,000 euros to 17,000 euros/year depending on the program. Those selected receive a scholarship for the duration of the study program, which is a maximum of three years for a bachelor’s degree.
Approximately nine scholarships will be awarded:
- 2 for the Bachelor’s in Economics and Business Economics,
- approximately 5 for Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht,
- 1 for Philosophy, Politics and Economics,
- and 1 for Global Sustainability Science
The scholarship will only be renewed for the second (and third) year if the student makes satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Applicant for Utrecht University Scholarships must meet the eligibility criteria to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
- Not have the Dutch or an EU/EEA nationality, and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans,
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma,
- Have been admitted to the Bachelor’s program in Economics and Business Economics, Philosophy, Politics and Economics, Global Sustainability Science or to University College Utrecht,
- Hold a relevant secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s program), or an equivalent thereof,
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa
Visit the Utrecht University course catalog to find a program that interests you.
Eligible applicants are selected for a scholarship based on the following criteria:
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades and test scores;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to apply for the Utrecht University Scholarships?
To apply for a Utrecht University Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Choose your undergraduate program and read the entry requirements.
- Check the deadlines: each program has its application deadline.
- Prepare your documents: The list of required application documents varies by program, but will always include the following: Scan of your passport, proof of your current and/or previous studies, Proof of Dutch and/or English proficiency (depending on the language of instruction of the chosen program).
- Submit an enrollment application in Studielink: Studielink is the national website created for students to organize their enrollment (and re-enrolment) at Dutch universities.
- Submit your documents and pay the application fee in the OSIRIS online application: After submitting your application to Studielink, you will receive an email with login details and further instructions for the OSIRIS online application.
If you are in doubt about your eligibility, please contact the International Student Admissions Office by emailing [email protected].
Candidates must apply for the UTS before the deadline of December 1, 2022. The result will be announced no later than March 15, 2023.
READ MORE :
- Best Business Schools in Canada 2023
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) in the Netherlands
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2023-2024