This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships are now open for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Utrecht University is a public Dutch establishment founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands. The Shanghai Ranking ranks The Utrecht University as 1st in the Netherlands and 52nd in the world (2020). The Times Higher Education Ranking places the university at number 75. The university has also been ranked as 42nd worldwide by the Taiwan Ranking.
About Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
DEADLINE: 15 Dec. 2021
FINANCING: Full tuition + 11,000 Euros.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS: 20-25.
UNIVERSITY: Utrecht University
LOCATION: See it on Google Maps.
What Utrecht Excellence Scholarships do offer?
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- Tuition fees
- or tuition fees plus 11,000 euro living expenses
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class,
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport,
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands,
- Have (will be) applied for an international master’s program,
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
There is more than 100 eligible programs in the following fields:
- Earth and Sustainability (49 programs)
- Economics and Governance (35)
- Education (7)
- Health and Life Sciences (33)
- Language, literature, and communication (17)
- Law (11)
- Mathematics and Information Sciences (10)
- Media, arts, culture, and history (28)
- Natural sciences (35)
- Philosophy and religious studies (6)
- Social and behavioral sciences (52)
Check the list of all the programs here.
How to Apply for The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships?
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship before the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the program.
Make sure to apply for the Fall 2022 semester and NOT Spring 2022 semester, elsewhere you will not be eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
Follow these steps to apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships (UES):
- Submit an application for a Master’s program; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted. The following documents will be asked:
- Proof of Identity,
- Copy of Diploma and Latest Transcripts. If you do not have a secondary school diploma yet, you must provide an officially signed and stamped statement from your high school.
- Proof of English Proficiency,
- Statement of Academic Motivation,
- Activities Form,
- Teacher Recommendation Letter.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s program, go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
Applicants must apply by the 15 December 2021 deadline. The outcome will be announced on or before 15 March 2022.