The Alliance of International Scientific Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), The University of Sciences and Technolgies of China (USTC), and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) have just launched a call for applications for their “ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” program. Up to 500 students/researchers from developing countries will be sponsored to study in China at master’s or PhD level.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue their education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in China.
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-governmental international organization founded in 2018. Founding members include 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide. ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
DEADLINE: February 15, 2023.
LEVEL: Masters and PhD.
FUNDING: Fully funded.
TARGET GROUP: All nationalities.
To be eligible for the ANSO Young Talents Scholarship, applicants must:
- NOT hold Chinese citizenship.
- Be nationals of one of the 138 eligible Southern Developing Countries (List of Southern Developing Countries).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree for the master’s program or a master’s degree for the PhD program.
- Fluency in English or Chinese (depending on the study program language).
- For master’s candidates: be born after January 1, 1993 (included).
- For PhD candidates: be born after January 1, 1988 (inclusive).
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC (University of Science and Technology of China) / UCAS (University of Chinese Academy of Sciences).
- NOT be currently pursuing a master or PhD at a university/institution in China.
You are NOT allowed to apply for both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, or you will be disqualified.
For the PhD program, it is not mandatory to seek for a supervisor before applying.
Successful applicants for the ANSO Young Talents Scholarship will be granted:
- Tuition waiver.
- A monthly stipend of : $430 for the master’s for a maximum of 36 months and $860 or $1000 for the PhD for a maximum of 48 months.
- Health insurance.
- Application fee waiver.
- International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)
- One-time visa/residence permit allowance
- Centralized training in Chinese language and culture.
USTC and UCAS offer more than 100 master’s programs and 90 PhD programs in different schools and research institutes. Most of them are taught in Chinese, while the rest are taught in English.
Generally, the available fields of study are:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences, incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space, and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social and Economic Sciences
You can download the list of master’s and PhD courses on this link : https://ic.ustc.edu.cn/en/v7info.php?Nav_x=10.
Application procedure for the ANSO scholarship
During your application, you will be asked to upload the documents below. A notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached if the documents submitted are not in Chinese or English.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year).
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Physical examination form..
- Copy of HSK (Chinese proficiency) or IELTS or TOEFL (English proficiency) certificate.
- Copy of diploma certificate and transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degree (if applicable) notarized.
The ANSO Scholarship 2023 is open for applications until February 15, 2023 (Beijing time).
If you require any further assistance regarding the ANSO Young Talents Scholarship, please email:
- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC): [email protected].
- The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) : [email protected] (for PhD) or [email protected] (for master’s).
- The Alliance of International Scientific Organizations (ANSO) : [email protected].
- The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) : [email protected].
DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THESE ADDRESSES! To apply, follow the steps mentioned in the “Application Procedure” section above.
READ ALSO :